Aegerion Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development and commercialization of innovative therapies for patients with debilitating rare diseases. We depend on the commitment, ideas and actions of each individual employee to advance patient care and create a sustainable future for our organization. Drawing upon available data and the diverse perspectives of individuals and functions, we encourage a free exchange of ideas. We are a learning organization and work with urgency, an entrepreneurial mindset that challenges the status quo and efficient operations. We strive to be leaders by making sound decisions with all of our stakeholders’ interests in mind. We know patients rely on us, and we strive to operate in a way that builds trust.
Our identity as a rare disease company is represented in our brand. The orange sphere in our logo is symbolic of the patient who has a rare disease, and the gray spheres represent each of us, organizing to help make a difference for that patient through our work. We take pride in our brand and we take seriously our responsibilities to patients.
Aegerion values agility, integrity and teamwork. The company’s transformation provides an extraordinary environment for individuals to advance their professional growth and development.
With a new executive team in place, the company is looking to attract leaders to its organization who share a commitment to provide the highest level of service to patients with rare diseases. Key areas of focus include intimate knowledge of the patient experience in order to provide industry leading support services, along with exceptional clinical knowledge to ensure the company’s educational efforts support transformative care of patients.
We are seeking a talented individual who has a passion for educating providers about rare diseases. The Mid-West Rare Disease Specialist (RDS): Illinois & Wisconsin will lead provider education in practices through appropriate patient identification. The Mid-West RDS will report to the Rare Disease Manager (RDM) for the region. The RDM leads the regional strategy and owns the promotional relationships with thought-leaders at institutional centers (e.g., academic medical centers/center of excellence). The RDM and RDS teams will work with a cross functional team ensuring customers understand key clinical data, to achieve continuity of therapy for patients and will answer questions related to prescribing and Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies (REMS). The RDS will be a part of a small team unit that will work together to achieve regional and individual goals.
The RDS role requires a unique set of skills that demands both clinical expertise, customer interface and a dedication to being part of a high performing team. This team will comprise the cornerstone of the culture at Aegerion - a best-in-class rare disease sales team that will establish strong relationships with customers and facilitate support for individual patients through patient services. Active engagement and cross functional agility with key stakeholders is a must.
Qualified candidates will have demonstrated sales leadership potential at a biopharma organization. Experience with products managed under a specialty pharmacy model and supported by a patient services hub is essential. Understanding cardio-metabolic diseases or experience in rare disease, pediatrics, endocrinology, cardiovascular is preferred.
- IN, IL and WI
- Create awareness around rare disease states based on company portfolio
- Business development prospecting
- Account management – ability to translate strategy into action
- Target, plan and work consistently through all sates and regions of the geography
- Manage leads as top priority with timely and consistent follow-up
- Meet and/or exceed sales forecast, goals, and objectives
- Develop and maintain territory business plan for ongoing territory analysis
- Compliantly guide HCPs through prescribing process when an appropriate patient is identified
- Provide input to and collaborate with marketing and sales training on disease awareness, diagnosis, and treatment education, tools and messages.
- Execute marketing initiatives
- Support medical meeting presence to communicate key messages
- Adhere to compliance guidelines
- Successfully complete all trainings, including Compliance trainings, in a timely manner
- Understand, acknowledge, and comply with all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Timely submission of call reporting and expense reporting
- Will require 60% travel as needed throughout territory as well as to regional conferences, national sales meetings, etc. as needed. Overnight and weekend travel may be required on occasion and can be unpredictable.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree
- 6-8 years industry experience in related, diverse function/roles
- Clinical experience in selling specialty products in a large geography consisting of multiple states
- Proven track record of delivering results that meet or exceed targeted objectives
- Proven problem-solving ability
- Demonstrated highest ethical standards
- Demonstrated competency in working across teams collaboratively and sharing information proactively
- Experience with Veeva, Sales Force, Outlook, Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Geographic market knowledge preferred; no relocation
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter to Human Resources in care of HR@aegerion.com